It is All About Wig Making
Hopefully they will be helpful in illustrating what I’ve been, and am still, talking about and doing.
The replace on making the wig foundation (wig cap) is as follows:
Within the video I uploaded on YouTube, I used to be still engaged on getting the perimeter of lace and honeycomb tulle sewn down. I’ve now sewn the complete inside edge of the perimeter down, apart from the extended nape.
This meant that I could, joy of joys(!), take the foundation off the block and.. strive it on! It also enabled me to remove the mould I had been utilizing.
Attempting it on – this was attention-grabbing! I was really quite nervous about it – all this work so far appeared like an enormous time and power investment, not to mention the monetary aspect of purchasing all of the supplies. Then there’s that moment the place you suppose: okay this could go either really fallacious or rather well. Funnily enough, my mind had not allowed for the middle possibility of: okay-ish. The consequence up to now (no hair on it, just the lace and tulle) is that it suits me okay. However – and that is a giant ‘but’ for the perfectionist in hair ombre 2014 me – is not fairly as snug as I had hoped for on the front. I feel for a first try it has been a very good studying curve up to now and that it is a good consequence.
One factor I do know, is that undoubtedly I may have to use one thing at the ear tabs/sideburns area because it is too flappy. These of you who have worn or tried on lace front wigs or glue-less lace wigs, will know precisely what I mean by that. This difficulty is compounded by the fact that the lace I have used is so fine and smooth that it lacks any inherent structure. I shall have to have a look at how I can add extra assist and structure to that area. Thus far I have been considering to add some wig springs (of the metal selection), but I’m additionally looking into an alternative form of combs to those I’ve tried. I wouldn’t mind utilizing combs if I might get them to grip my hair there. That is an enormous ‘if’, as up until now I have had no luck in that division because of a mixture of a loss of density of my bio hair there and my hair being now very superb and slippery in texture. Finally, if I have to, then I will tape it down at that point, but in fact I’d moderately not do this.
My subsequent activity is to sew the overlapping joins between the tulle and lace – I’m already working on this. It means slicing the tulle down so that it matches just underneath the lace at the seam and then when I have executed that, pulling the lace excessive and sewing the two right down to create as easy a line as potential on the highest vertex.
One factor I’ve determined and learnt from the whole venture – up thus far – is that I also need to attempt making a wig cap primarily based PURELY on my measurements. That’s to say, I will take a pattern of my entrance hairline, but aside from that I shall use the measurements to chart/mark out the pattern for the muse on the wig block as a substitute of utilizing a mould. This is one thing that’s instructed in all my wig making books, so not less than I may have some plan to observe.
Another factor is that I could simply go together with the whole U-formed vertex building that you see on common wigs – that is: a really fantastic (often a drawn through silk/French top) and then the sides and again (from crown to nape) being made with a more robust material (like the honeycomb tulle or stretch lace with wefts). I don’t assume I’ll do the drawn by way of possibility, but I’d attempt doing honeycomb tulle in every single place aside from the U-shaped vertex, which may very well be made from the superb lace. This would possibly give the wig better stiffness on the sides, especially if combined with a metallic spring.
I also – I know I get ahead of myself now, have it in my thoughts to try making a cap that does have a wefted again hair ombre 2014 and sides, however sewn onto stretch lace in the style of a sheitel (Jewish regular wig). Simply to see how that works and seems.